By Ella T. Lifset
Disney will release its highly-anticipated streaming service on November 12th, which will be home to its extensive collection of titles. From princesses to Lucasfilm, from the Marvel Cinematic Universe to the Simpsons, this service will undoubtedly attract a large number of subscribers. Much like its competitors such as Netflix or Amazon Prime, it has also been announced that Disney will be investing in a whole slew of original shows and movies. Unfortunately, fans will have to wait before the release of some titles, such as the announced Falcon and the Winter Soldier, but here are several shows and movies that will debut in less than a week:
- The Mandalorian: Set between Episode VI and VII, this show follows a lone bounty hunter and his adventures through the far reaches of the Star Wars galaxy. The show will star Pedro Pascal, Gina Carano, Werner Herzog, Nick Nolte, and Carl Weathers, with episodes directed by Jon Favreau, Bryce Dallas Howard, Taika Waititi, and more.
- Pixar SparkShorts: From the studio that brought the favorite and emotional short movies to screen, like Bao, Partly Cloudy, and Day and Night, comes a new collection of projects. Ultimately, there will be six short films released, but four will be available to watch on November 12th.
- The World According to Jeff Goldblum: Goldblum (Jurassic Park, Thor: Ragnarok), as the title of this reality series suggests, will lead each episode by exploring familiar parts of everyday life in a zany, amusing, and insightful manner.
- Noelle: When Nick Kringle (Bill Hader), the next in line to become Santa Claus, unexpectedly goes missing days before Christmas, it’s up to Noelle Kringle (Anna Kendrick) to find her brother and save Christmas. Although a holiday movie, it will nonetheless be available to watch on November 12th.
- Lady & The Tramp: A remake of the beloved animated film, Tessa Thompson will voice Lady, while Justin Theroux will voice Tramp. This movie will be live action, much like the previous The Lion King (2019) and The Jungle Book (2016). It will also co-star Janelle Monáe, Benedict Wong, Sam Elliott, and Yvette Nicole Brown.
- The Imagineering Story: Disney + will also include documentary-style films such as this one, which follows the creative engine behind the design and the construction of the Disney resorts, parks, cruise ships, and more. Traditionally, Disney is somewhat secretive about their design processes, so the documentary will include exclusive behind-the-scenes footage of those who make the magic possible.
Disney + will be available for $6.99 per month, or $69.99 for the whole year. Happy streaming!